Omio Travel is a platform specially crafted for the purpose of booking train, bus or flight tickets from one European destination to the other. Omio Travel used to be GoEuro, because they have changed their appearance and name . They promise financial and personal data security and also that they won’t share the user’s personal or financial data with any 3rd parties.
The Omio Travel’s goal is becoming “the ultimate pocket travel companion” by making traveling and travel ticket booking procedure easier. Their ticket booking services are available not only in Britain but in many other countries including Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands and Germany.
Also have to mention that the Omio Travel boasts that more than 27 million monthly users are using their platform to find easier, cheaper and faster routes to nearly anywhere in Europe.
They also claim that they offer journeys to more than 100,000 unique destinations and that number is growing..
They also promise to guide you to alternative transportation mediums, if the transportation medium you looking for doesn’t exist. as in example, you want to book a flight to Brussels, but there’s no airport near you, so they provide you the guidance and travel recommendation on trains, buses or other alternative transport mediums that will get you to the nearest airport.
How to use OmioTravel?
- You have to enter departure and arrival destinations with travel dates.
For this example, I am searching travel destinations from Brisbane, Australia to Saint Malo, France, between the dates of March 31 and April 21st.
2. This input will give you a listing of all available travel mediums and their package pricing.
3. Compare the difference (charges, time duration) in between train, bus and flight routes between the two destinations that you want to travel and you can filter the results for fastest, recommended or cheapest.
4. You can download or print your own selected ticket.
5. Everything else is taken care by the travel services provider.
Let’s take another example. We want to travel from London, United Kingdom to Amsterdam, Netherlands.
In case you need any guidance or to get help with any issue, you can contact their customer services in 12 different languages.
Partners of Omio Travel
OmioTravel boasts more than 800 transportation partners including
- Deutsche Bahn
- Northern Rail
- National Express
- British Airways
and many more.
Omio mentions that the railway tickets purchased through them are accredited by National Rail, British Association of train operating companies. Omio fulfills all standards set by National Rail.
You can use Omio Travel to Compare train, bus, flight routes and travel in following countries
Advantages of Omio Travel
- The interface of Omio platform is hassle free, easy to learn and very user friendly. With Omio Travel you can easily find information that you need even in the first time.
- You can filter the search results for cheapest, fastest and recommended. This feature helps you to narrow your list.
- The Omio Travel provideds an option to change the currency in which the prices are already displayed.
- Credit card payments including American Express makes it easier to pay online with whatever credit card services offered.
- 12 European countries are covered by Omio Travel.
- iOS and Android apps are available, making it easier to use by a mobile device.
Disadvantages of Omio Travel
- There are many countries that are not covered by OmioTravel.
- Only 9 currencies are available and more currencies will reach more audience than it is with just 9.
- Paypal payment options are not available at the moment.
Can we recommend it or not?
OmioTravel is a trustworthy and highly appreciated traveling partner. The Trustpilot gives OmioTravel a 4star rating out of 66 reviews. It is easy to use and ticket booking procedure is very hassle free, easy to learn and fun to use. Download it and say what you think of it.
Looking for a Virus Guard? Read more about our favourite virus guards in here